Switches provide a way to access technology by pressing a button, taping a pad, or any number of other methods based on that user’s motor strengths.
Switches can be used with iOS in several ways. The accessibility feature called Switch Control can allow a user to control navigating the entire iPad and all apps whether they are “switch accessible” or not. That said, for a beginning user of switches, it’s often simpler to start with apps that are specifically designed for switch use to help build up those switch skills!
Cause & Effect
- Short animated social stories, activate switch to view the next few seconds of the story. Uses a single switch.
- Sensory, mindfullness, creative style apps.
- Other cause & effect apps
- Switch Kids Lite – Free (a paid version with additional features also available)
- Splat the Clowns – $3.99
- Jungle Adventure – $6.99
- Lost Little Penguin – $6.99
- More Crazy Cats – $3.99
- Matching Cards – Snap – $3.99
- Space Shooter – $3.99
- Chopper Rescue – $6.99
- World Cup Soccer – $3.99
- Switch Box Invaders – $1.39
- Forest Fighter – Free
- Turtle Invaders – Free
- Choose It Education Bundle – $129.99
- Boardmaker Student Center – Free (the app is free if you have a Boardmaker Online subscription)
- Counting Songs Bundle – $62.99 – you can also buy individual songs in standalone apps for $3.99 each song, for example: